You are being redirected to another site.
The MDS-Device Aided Medical Therapy Module 10 course will provide a comprehensive overview of the complications of deep brain stimulation. This module was reviewed for content and accuracy in June of 2020.
Laura Silveira-Moriyama, MD, PhD - Universidade Estadual de Campinas, Campinas, Brazil
Andrew Evans, MD - Royal Melbourne Hospital, Hawthorn, Victoria, Australia
Mariana Moscovich, MD, PhD - Federal University of Parana, Hamburg, Germany
The primary purpose of this program is to provide information on the complications of deep brain stimulation.
Upon completion of this activity learners will be able to:
1. Identify DBS perioperative complications
2. Identify stimulation related side effects
3. Recognize the most common hardware complication
This activity is intended for neurologists, neurosurgeons, specialist nurses, and other health professionals.
1. Active Internet connection (DSL or Cable). Dial-up connection will have constant buffering problem.
2. Compatible with Windows PC and MAC (256 MB of RAM or higher)
3. Activity is best viewed on Internet Explorer 9.0 or higher, Safari 5.0 or higher and Firefox 29.0 or higher
4. Adobe Flash Player 12.0 (or higher).
5. Adobe Reader to print certificate.